Premature ejaculation (PE) is the most common form of male sexual dysfunction, affecting about 20-30% of men. The team at Balanced Medical Solutions in Hayward, California, offers breakthrough treatments for PE, including nonsurgical and drug-free options. Call the San Francisco Bay Area office, or book an appointment online today for a comprehensive evaluation and a personalized treatment plan for PE.request an appointment
Premature Ejaculation Q&A
What is premature ejaculation?
Premature ejaculation (PE) is when ejaculation occurs earlier than desired during sexual intercourse, either before or shortly after penetration. Most men experience premature ejaculation at some point in life.
If it happens infrequently, there’s no need to worry. However, you may want to consider treatment for PE if you:
- Always or almost always ejaculate within one minute of penetration
- Are often unable to delay ejaculation during intercourse
- Tend to avoid sexual intimacy due to frustration with PE
If PE affects your relationship or sexual wellness, the experienced providers at Balanced Medical Solutions can help. They offer office visits for all regular patients and competitive rates for all procedures and medications.
What causes premature ejaculation?
The root causes of PE are not entirely understood. Historically, doctors attributed PE to primarily psychological issues like stress and performance anxiety. But the medical community now recognizes that PE is due to a complex interaction of physical and psychological factors.
Psychological causes of premature ejaculation include:
- Anxiety about premature ejaculation
- Unresolved conflict from early sexual experiences
- Relationship issues
- Guilty feelings
Biological causes of premature ejaculation include:
- Substance abuse, including excessive alcohol consumption
- Hormone imbalance, such as low testosterone
- Abnormal levels of neurotransmitters in the brain
- Inflammation or infection in the prostate or urethra
- Medical conditions, such as hypertension and diabetes
The team at Balanced Medical Solutions carefully evaluates the psychological and biological factors that contribute to your PE and then recommends the most appropriate treatment for you.
How is premature ejaculation treated?
Balanced Medical Solutions charges only $99 for an initial evaluation to help your provider understand the root cause of your PE. This includes a comprehensive medical exam, blood tests, and a personalized treatment plan for your particular cause of PE. Conventional treatments for PE include:
- Topical numbing cream
- Trimix therapy, a combination of three medicines that work synergistically
If you struggle with PE, call Balanced Medical Solutions, or book an appointment online today to experience extended sexual pleasure.
Request an appointment now through our online calendar, click here.